Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I made the turkey this year!

Haha, if you know me and my cooking skills, you'll know that is a completely laughable statement.
I did, however, make a Cantaloupe Turkey!  Thanks to inspiration from Disney Family Fun, we made this AWESOME turkey of fruit:
One of these days, I'll work up to the real thing.  Baby steps!

I love Thanksgiving.  It's like a break in our hectic lives where we can just stop for a moment and appreciate the things in our lives that we so often take for granted.

Here are some of the things I'm thankful for (in no particular order):

My family and friends.
My sister is visiting us for this Thanksgiving.  Yay!
Having a body that allows me to jump, take crazy adventures, and take me wherever my heart desires.

Having an amazing husband that is truly my best friend.  Despite the fact that we drive each other bonkers some time, I can't imagine going through this awesome adventure of life with anyone but him.
Plus, he makes an awesome Fat Elvis!
Living on a magical island that has an overabundance of gorgeous rainbows.
Photo by Kengo Ueno
To have a job that highlights my strengths, where I work with with people that are not only truly talented and great people, but are also lots of FUN! 
This are my coworkers.  Seriously.  Aren't they rad?
Live in a country where I am truly free.  Where the right to voice my opinion is not only protected, but encouraged.

My awesome dogs.
Moxie and Rocco
TED Talks.  And being able to go to one LIVE this year!.

Technology.  
I am constantly how much it has increased our possibilities & enhanced our lives.

Finally, I am so grateful for all of you who are reading this blog.  I've wanted to start writing again, and this blog has been such a great way to get back into it.  Thank you all for checking it out and for all the great feedback.  A special thanks to Donnie for the inspiration.

...................

Last thing, I stumbled on this great website, Epic Thanks that is "a world-changing photoblog of global gratitude."  They ask you to post a image of something you're grateful for.  Scrolling though it is both humbling and inspiring.  I'm posting on there, and I encourage you to do too.


...................


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment